Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vassen Rainbow Eyes Greenish/Blue Circle Lens Review




For a while now I have been working on an original concept design dance outfit to wear to cons when I go to parties/raves. It's still very much in the works, but one thing I will say it involves, is my rainbow wig (Ziggy from Arda). I love wearing my rainbow wig, it gives me super powers...


So I wanted a pair of circle lenses to match it. Naturally when this series was first released, I got really excited because I thought they sounded perfect. However, these lenses are not as "rainbowy" as I thought they would be, but I still enjoyed them a lot. I'll get more into exactly how I felt about the effect later.

Anyways, I was making a huge order from Pinky, and just decided to give them a shot. That huge order I mentioned included seven pairs of circle lenses, so expect quite a few circle lens reviews in the future lol.





Website/Ordering

I ordered again from PinkyParadise, as I usually do. Previously they ran a special promotion, where if you bought ordered any lenses within a certain time period, they would give you a code to redeem a free pair of random lenses at a later date. I had that code, and also needed lenses for upcoming cosplays, so I ordered a large batch of them and now I'm set for the rest of this year and next XD Since I ordered so much, I ended up qualifying for free express shipping, and got them within a week. Everything was packaged well, and they came with all those cute animal lens cases! ^.^


Color/Enlargement


As I sit here and type this I still don't really know how I feel about these lenses. I guess I expected the effect to be much more dramatic, since on the websites model, they stood out quite a bit. I didn't take into account my own eye color being so close to them though. It's honestly difficult for me to tell what my eyes are going to look like with lenses, because they literally change all the time. A lot of it is lighting, but I sometimes joke about my eyes changing based on the weather and other random things. I have taken picture of them in the exact same places and lighting each time I have done a review, and yet somehow they still look a little different in each picture. I don't know man, they are just weird.


Anyway, as you can see by the pictures, they decided to be more green when I wore these, so the lenses actually blended incredibly well with my own eyes. People did not know I was wearing lenses when I wore them, mostly due to the blending and the fact that they do not have dark rings around them. Despite the lack of the rings, they still enlarged my eyes quite a bit, and instead of having that dramatic flair, I felt they made my eyes look more sweet and innocent. I will definitely wear these more often because I do like the way they make eyes look, but again, if you are looking for something dramatic and have lighter colored eyes, these may not be for you. For you brown eyed folks, I have no doubt they would create a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT effect, so if someone has them and has done a review with good pictures, let me know and I will link your post to mine for brown eyed folks to see.




Comfort



I don't have much to say in this department, because the lenses felt fantastic. They are 14.5mm/15.0mm, and despite their large size, they were extremely easy to get in and I forgot I was wearing them at times.

 Final Thoughts:

Website 5/5
No issues ordering, great customer service, awesome promotional offers.
Color/Enlargement Effect 4/5
Enlarged my eyes, but the color got lost in them.
Comfort 5/5 
 I love when I can wear lenses with ease!!

I would recommend these to people wanting a sweet subtle change while still getting an enlarging effect.

More reviews to come! Thank you for stopping by!

-QK

No comments:

Post a Comment