Saturday, August 30, 2014

G&G GBT Sky Circle Lens Review


 
 
 If there is one thing people who don't have blue eyes want, it's blue eyes. I've always been a sucker for them.  I wasn't lucky enough to get my Dad's beautiful blue eyes, so I have been on the hunt to find the perfect pair of circle lenses to achieve that gorgeous natural blue. My goal was to find some that were not dark blue, since I have had many of those. While searching I stumbled across these G&G GBT Sky Blue Circle Lenses. Since they were listed as "Sky" blue, I decided to give them a shot! 

Color

While I was initially happy with the actual color of the lenses, the pretty sky blue did not translate the same onto the eye, even with my lighter eye color. My natural eye color actually seemed to significantly dull the color, which was disapointing. I don't know if people with brown to black eyes would have a better experience than me, but my hazel/green eyes made the color murky. When it comes to color, overall I felt they failed to stand out. Especially when compared to the model picture on the website, which makes me suspect it was heavily photoshopped. That or these lenses would be more effective on darker colored eyes.





Enlargement/Effect

These Lenses are smaller measuring at only 14 mm. despite the fact they are smaller than what I normally would wear, I think the enlarging effect was still fairly prominent. The nice thing about these are, if you are looking to avoid cartoony or dramatic looking lenses for cosplay or everyday wear, these are a great choice. They look normal from a distance, and people were unaware I was wearing lenses for the most part. The lack of a dark ring or outline around the outside of the lens also helps make it look more natural.

 

Comfort

Since they are smaller, these lenses are very easy to wear. They went in fine and I was able to wear them all day without discomfort!



Final Thoughts:

Color 3/5

Murky on hazel eyes.. Possibly different with darker eyes?

Enlargement/Effect 4/5

Good for a natural look, not very enlarging.

Comfort 5/5 

Very easy to wear!

Hope this helps some of you guys, and take care!

-Chroma

No comments:

Post a Comment